The new SRAM Force CX1 groupset is a complete high-performance 1×11 cyclocross drivetrain created by blending the best of SRAM’s revolutionary XX1 mountain bike and road technologies. This is a single-ring, 11-speed complete drivetrain that is lighter, simpler, and tougher while offering a clean look and optimal gear selection for cyclocross.
SRAM Force CX1 offers better chain management and smooth shifting no matter the conditions or terrain. It is the only true 1x dedicated cyclocross system:
SRAM Force CX1 simplifies cyclocross to its essence – rider and machine working smoothly and seamlessly on any course against the competition:
- A complete high-performance cyclocross drivetrain
- Based on our 1X philosophy of a purpose built system utilizing SRAM’s X-SYNC™, X-HORIZON™, Type-2™ and Exact Actuation™ technologies
- Perfect gear ratios for CX racing with improved shifting
- Extremely light weight, 205g savings over Force22 2X
- Better overall system durability
The SRAM Force CX1 braking systems will be presented this spring including mechanical disc and cantilever brakes and hydraulic disc brakes.
On The Course
“In cyclocross, every 10 seconds you’re shifting. With the SRAM Force CX1 1X11, you don’t need to think about it. You just go. The 11 speed is so good because now I have one extra gear without worrying about front shifting. In Belgium, you have lots of different types of cyclocross tracks. In the past, when the tracks are harder I would need to change my cassette every time, but now the 1X11 have everything I need.” – Bart Wellens, Telenet-Fidea Cycling
“This is just what I’ve been waiting for. My CX1 1X11 is everything I look for in a ’cross groupset – it’s simple, durable and rock solid. I come from a mountain biking background, so the chain security and sure shifting are huge for me especially on rough and technical courses. That combined with the ergonomics of SRAM Force levers mean I’m more comfortable and efficient than ever.” – Ryan Trebon, Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld.com
SRAM Force CX1 product details
- Bred from the DNA of our best-in-class SRAM RED levers with the added feature of 1X11.
- ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control, and a better transition to the bar.
- Reach Adjust™ allows you to perfectly set lever reach to your personal specifications.
- Left-hand lever has no shift paddle and weigh just 119 grams. Shifter/brake lever set weights 277 grams.
Weight: 158 grams right lever, 119 grams left lever
MSRP: Right $193/ €172/ £147, Left: $113/ €100/ £86
- SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control, crucial in cyclocross.
- Unidirectional carbon in crank arm matched to a forged alloy spider for lightweight and durability.
- Chainrings available in 38, 40, 42, 44 and 46 teeth to conquer every course from sand dunes to gravel-road assaults.
- Single-ring drivetrain simplifies functionality.
Weight (42T – 172.5mm): 542 grams (BB30), 710g (GXP)
MSRP: GXP (Chainring and GXP Cups Not Included): $207/ €184/ £157; BB30 (Chainring and Bearings Not Included): $249/ €221/£189
- SRAM X-SYNC™ 1X chainrings provide the highest level of performance and durability.
- SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control, crucial in ‘cross.
- The sharp and narrow tooth profile as well as rounded chamfer edges help manage a deflected chain.
- Mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers.
- Designed by SRAM in Germany, X-SYNC™ rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1X.
- CX1 X-SYNC ™ chainrings are compatible with Quarq brand power meters
Weight: 75g (42T)
MSRP: From $126/ €112/ £96 to $152/ €135/ £115
- A dedicated 1x rear derailleur.
- Exact Actuation™ for fast and accurate shifts using SRAM’s 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel: derailleur movement). 10 and 11 speed compatible.
- X-SYNC™ pulley features a 12-tooth design that helps control the chain’s lateral movement.
- X-HORIZON™ “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force.
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™’s one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting.
- CAGE LOCK™ technology makes for fast wheel changes or chain installation.
MSRP: $235/ €209/ £178 Medium Cage 11-Speed
SRAM PG-1170 Cassette
Cassette’s semi-spidered design maintains smooth and positive shifting performance with a matched cassette/chain combination that runs near silent and maintains great mud clearing capabilities.
Weights: 247g (11-26), 257g (11-28), 300g (11-32)
MSRP: $107/ €95/ £81 (11-25, 11-26 & 11-28), $118/ €105/ £90 (11-32)
SRAM PC-1170 Chain
The narrow SRAM PC-1170 chain features more heavily chamfered outer plates for improved shifting and quieter running. The chrome hardened pin construction provides longer chain life.
MSRP: $54/ €48/ £41